Re: Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Our generation right now definitely takes technology for granted. After watching that video, I really began wondering why so much teenagers are always unhappy these days, and I can't seem to find a good enough answer. Why is it that us humans are never satisfied with what we have and always seem to want more. I have to admit that technology has become a very important part of my life, and I really can't imagine myself living without it because I have never really experienced a day without technology. However, I think that if technology was never introduced to me, I would have been able to adapt quite well. Sometimes, I think that even though technology has a ton of benefits, it is really starting to spoil everyone. With the touch of a button entertainment is suddenly present in our own homes. People no longer need to confront each other face to face to talk about something, and now, they don't even have to hear each other's voices in order to get a message across. Do these technology really benefit us, or have we all just become lazy bums who sit at home all day chatting online and watching TV? I would actually like trying to live a few weeks in the "old days" and see what it was like. I'm sure that doing certain things would become a lot harder, but I'm also quite certain that people were in much better health back then, with not so much obesed people. Even though I'm saying that technology has harmed our society in some way, I believe that if we use technology for the right reasons, we can definitely make the best of it and it can help our world do great things. Right now, I really cannot think of anymore inventions that could possibly take place in our world now, but I do wonder what the future would be like, and what new inventions are to come!
2 comments:
Yes, I too wonder how it would be like if we all tried living in the past for a few weeks. People would probably go crazy trying to find their cellphones or looking for some way to get on the Internet. We are way too dependent on technology..
Nice post, Ellier! :)
Yeah, I'd also like to see what would happen if we had to live the way past generations did. This would be quite amusing, and rather sad at the same time, to see someone about to panic because they don't have a cell phone or a video game. ;)
Post a Comment