Cellphones are becoming so much more common in society that people are beginning to not be aware of their surroundings when using their cellphone. Even though I do not own a cellphone, I am well aware of the people around me who do have cellphones and use them at the most inappropriate times. I have seen countless people on the roads, talking on their cellphones while driving. It really annoys me because many car crashes result form a person talking on their cellphone, so these people are basically putting the lives of others at risk. Also, when I see students texting each other in class, I begin to wonder what's so important that it can't wait until lunch or after school to tell their friends. I think that it is extremely disrespectful to the teachers when students are not paying attention and texting away. Sometimes when I'm eating at a restaurant, I see people on their cellphones, talking very loudly, even though they have a table-full of people with them. Seriously, do these people know that they are not the only people in the restaurant and that there are other people there who are forced to listen to their phone conversations? Some people really take their cellphone for granted, thinking that since they have a cellphone, they have the right to use it whenever they want. However, I do not believe that that is the case. There is definitely rules that need to be followed when using a cellphone. Here are some rules that I have came up with:
1. No talking on the phone while driving. This is seriously very dangerous and as if driving a car is not enough to keep a person occupied. Even though some people are great at multi-tasking, it is not a good time to test out that skill when other people's lives may be in danger because of them.
2. Wait until lunchtime or after school to use your cellphone. I'm sure that whatever you need to tell your friend, is not so important that you can't wait for a few hours.
3. Turn your cellphones off when you're watching a movie, concert, etc. It is extremely rude to others when someone's phone starts to ring a closed event. Even though you may not be focused on the movie and the concert, the people around you are trying to enjoy their time.
4. Talk at a reasonable volume so that the person on the other side can hear you, but you do not disrupt the people around you. There is no need to shout at your phone when the other person can hear you perfectly fine if you talk quieter.
5. If you're going to talk for hours and hours on your cellphone, dont. It's a big waste of your money and those radiation waves that come from the cellphone isn't good for you. If you really need to spend hours talking to your friend, I'm sure that you would either be at home, or somewhere that you can use a regular phone. I don't get why people still use their cellphones at home when there's a perfectly good phone sitting right in front of them. Also, make sure that what you have to say is very important, because sometimes, people just waste their time away chatting on their cellphone about nothing in particular.
1. No talking on the phone while driving. This is seriously very dangerous and as if driving a car is not enough to keep a person occupied. Even though some people are great at multi-tasking, it is not a good time to test out that skill when other people's lives may be in danger because of them.
2. Wait until lunchtime or after school to use your cellphone. I'm sure that whatever you need to tell your friend, is not so important that you can't wait for a few hours.
3. Turn your cellphones off when you're watching a movie, concert, etc. It is extremely rude to others when someone's phone starts to ring a closed event. Even though you may not be focused on the movie and the concert, the people around you are trying to enjoy their time.
4. Talk at a reasonable volume so that the person on the other side can hear you, but you do not disrupt the people around you. There is no need to shout at your phone when the other person can hear you perfectly fine if you talk quieter.
5. If you're going to talk for hours and hours on your cellphone, dont. It's a big waste of your money and those radiation waves that come from the cellphone isn't good for you. If you really need to spend hours talking to your friend, I'm sure that you would either be at home, or somewhere that you can use a regular phone. I don't get why people still use their cellphones at home when there's a perfectly good phone sitting right in front of them. Also, make sure that what you have to say is very important, because sometimes, people just waste their time away chatting on their cellphone about nothing in particular.
No comments:
Post a Comment