

Personally, I do not find video games that addicting. When I see some kids who practically spend their lives in front of video games, I feel shocked. I have never owned a video game system and it is not because I do not want to spend the money, but rather because I have no interest in owning one. Many of the times, when I go to a friend's house, we may end up playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero, or some other games, but I would eventually get bored of them and would suggest some other things to do. If I could get bored of playing someone else's video game system, what's the point of having one of these things at my own home? However, I know that there are many kids out there who would not live on with out these games. I believe that the reason to why youths these days let video games swallow up their time is because they are able to escape reality for that little while to enter the cool world of fantasy. Some of these kids may lack excitment in their lives, so video games have them all excited for new things to come. I do admit that I find some games quite fun, but after playing them for while, they just get repetative. In my opinion, time is much better spent with people than machines. Maybe if some of these game addicts spend more time with their family and friends, they will find these much more rewarding. Also, some kids are really letting their grades slip because of all the video game distractions nowadays. Every kid has a bright future ahead of them and their lives should not be wasted away by these time consumers. I think that the parents of children, who's lives revolve around video games, should have more control over their child and should guide their child toward more useful things in life, such as education. Although playing a little video game will never hurt anyone, kids still need a balance in their lives and I believe that it is up to the parents to draw the line.
4 comments:
nice comment..
I agree with Ellier, video games are fun but you also get bored of it because its repetative and it is making people get bad marks, lose friends and lose relationship with family members. Video games are not a harm but as Ellier said you should balance their life..
Great blog post! I can see that you put a lot of effort into it. :D
I too agree with you, Ellier. Playing video games every once in a while isn't bad for you, in fact I find that it helps to release some stress. However like everything in life, doing too much of one thing, including playing video games, is bad for you and has some awful effects. I also agree that it is up to the parents to ensure that their children don't become obsessed with playing video games.
P.S Thanks. I like it too. XD
Wow, those are some harsh but true comments! Especially about the parents' responsibility to ensure their kids are not easily influenced by video games. Also, it's true. Kids who are sucked in by gaming should spend more time with friends and family. Yeah: find something more rewarding. For me as well, education is better than video games! Indeed.
For me, I only have a Gameboy with a pokemon cartridge. The good ol' things! (Yes, I eventually got bored of it).
This is very true. As Ellier said, most kids play video games for hours on end because it's their escape. Instead of having to do homework or study they can can explore new lands and slay monsters for hours on end. But they need to learn when enough is enough. Being so obbsesed with video games to the point where you'll cut off all communication with the outside world is way too far...
And to the parents, they need to learn when to draw their line. Spoiling your children isn't the way to raise them...
Post a Comment